What will you have for dinner tonight? or What did you have for dinner today?
Hoho..
These are very common questions to your friends, or neighbors in Korea.
Many Korean housewives agonize about dinner menu everyday and you can see these scenes in Korean TV dramas.
They are very busy to prepare 3-6 side dishes, one (or more) main dish, one soup, some sauce, and rice (or noodle). –Of course, not every Korean prepares these many items. Some prepare less, some prepare more.-
And many other family members DO like to have different at least main dish everyday.
Of course, if I marry to someone someday, and he complains about same main dish, I will just kick his hip.. (However, I do not think I will get have a chance to kick his hip because I DO love to cook.. How Lucky He will be!!!!! Hoho)

Today’s food is Korean style boiled Pork and very very very ( I mentioned 3 times!!!) easy to make.
Time: 45min
Level : just born..
For Whom? : Who are OK with some Asian smell.
Ingredient : 1pack (gobbet) of stew pork ( I strongly recommend to buy Korean pork for this menu in Korean grocery store. I will write down this in Korean on bottom line for this post.)
1t of black pepper, 1T~2T soybean paste, 1/2 onion, 1 green onion, 5 cloves of garlic.
Option 1: 1t instant coffee
Option 2 :1t cinnamon powder
Option 3: 1t rosemary
Are U ready?? Sure? Sure? Sure?
Ok! Let’s start!!!
1. Pour enough water in pot and put in all ingredients.
; U can add any option items if you want in this step.
2. Wait till the water will be boiling, and clean bubbles when it will be boiling.
3. Having tea, or cleanng house, or watching TV or……….. Do whatever you want about 40min.
4. Check the pork and if it is boiled well, take out the pork from the pot.
5. let it cool for 5 min, and slice the Pork
7. Prepare some Hot Sauce ( best match is the 초고추장.- Korean vinegar Red paste sauce
: 1T Korean red pepper paste + 1t or 1/2t vinegar + 1~2t sugar) spicy~ (^0^);;
6. say “감사합니다 (Gam Sa Hap Mi Da, - Happy Dinner!!!- ) and Yam! Yam! Yam!! Hoho

This is Today’s my dinner with this boiled pork. Looks good?I will post other side dishes with this food on pic for next post.
Good Night!!
Tip.
Feel difficult to buy Asian ingredients?
OK, just copy my Korean and show your memo to clerk in Korean grocery store.
1. 보쌈고기 (read as Bo Ssam Go Gi) – Gobbet stew pork
2. 된장 (read as Den Jang) – soybean paste
3. 고추장 (read as Go Chu Jang) – Korean red pepper paste
And if you want to try Korean apple vinegar for sauce,
( I usually use this vinegar for any Korean foods)
4. 사과식초 (read as Sa Ga Sik Cho) – Apple vineger
Don’t forget to show your smiling to clerk when you ask to find these items..
Like this face - > (^________________________^)v
Bye bye
.jpg)
4 comments:
Wow! You are an amazing cook. The food looks delicious. I struggle to think of something to cook my familly every night so i'll be popping back for some ideas. :o)
wow, looks so good!
wanna see more more more!!!
Hi! Lisa!
Thank you for your comment!!
I already visited your blog, and I want to learn many many things from you..^^
Nice to meet you!!!!
Hi! mty 007!
haha.. I know who you are..
Thank you for visiting...^^
my jaji~!
Post a Comment